Creatine is a substance found in skeletal muscle and plays an important role in the energy production of the body in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Creatine is produced in the liver, kidneys and pancreas, and approximately 95% of the total body creatine is accumulated in skeletal muscle, and the remaining 5% is found in the heart, testicles and brain. Our bodies produce half of the creatine we need in our liver, kidneys and pancreas from three amino acids: glycine, arginine and methionine (glycine, arginine and methionine), the other part comes from the food we eat, mostly from fish and red. meat. As soon as creatine is produced, it is immediately transferred to the muscles through the blood. In muscle cells, creatine binds to phosphate ions and converts to phosphocreatine (PC); Phosphocreatine is an energy-supplying compound that restores adenosine triphosphate (ATP, a compound that supplies energy) extremely fast through high intensity activity. Creatine supplements are designed to increase the amount of phosphocreatine in your muscles, in theory, the more phosphocreatine in your muscle, the longer you can maintain high intensity activity.
Court / lie
Court / lie
- Creatine makes you a little faster, stronger for short periods of time - true
- Creatine makes you grow mountains of muscles within a few months - lies
- Creatine will increase your aerobic endurance (long-distance running) - lie
- Creatine will increase your anaerobic endurance (short-range running, sprinting) - true
- Creatine makes it easier for you to do additional repetition - the truth
- Creatine allows you to double your workout in every workout - lie
- The greatest creatine plus is increased strength and more energy through your workouts, which allows you to squeeze a few more reps, the higher creatine content in the muscles means more energy.
- Creatine users almost gain weight almost instantly, known as "water weight", which means that your muscles will look bigger.
- Less dependence on glycogen energy means that your bodies will produce less lactic acid, which will result in less muscle pain, which will make you harder to train.
- Faster muscle growth. With more energy available you will be able to train harder, and you will notice results much faster, some studies have shown that creatine monohydrate increases lean muscle growth by up to 30%.
- More strength through your workouts. On the way back to the first point, I would add that creatine gives you more energy, which will make you feel stronger during your workouts.
- Creatine is a 100% natural product, not a drug or steroid. It is found in red meat (beef and pork) and fish (herring, salmon). But it is impractical to try to replenish your creatine reserves through diet, because the amount of creatine in the food is low. For example, you should eat about 2.3kg of green red meat a day to get the same amount of creatine as it is in a 1 teaspoon of creatine monohydrate!
- Creatine has also been used to treat serious diseases such as heart disease.
- During the activity, for example, when you are running bases (baseball), you put a ball (basketball, football) or simply rowing a boat, the muscles depend on ATP energy. During operation, ATP is degraded into ADP, adenosine diphosphate. In other words, with less and less energy and fatigue. Phosphocreatine "charges" tired muscles, providing more energy to help turn ADP back into ATP.
- Creatine supplements increase phosphocreatine reserves, higher phosphocreatin stores deplete muscle fatigue and accelerate muscle recovery.
- Swelling is one of the side effects reported by some creatine users when using creatine monohydrate. This is a rare side effect.
- Another side effect of creatine monohydrate is that it can cause dehydration. Of course, this problem is solved very simply, you just need to drink more water. Athletes have to drink more water anyway, so there are very few reports of these side effects.
- There is one very rare case of creatine-induced stones in the kidneys. Little is known about how much and how creatine is related to kidney stones. These cases are very rare.
- When creatine consumption is interrupted, there may be a lack of energy and a change in appearance, the body may be "unwinding" because you lose the additional "water weight" (English).
- There may be nausea and diarrhea, the case is not common, but usually occurs because creatine does not dissolve sufficiently in the stomach.